I am trained as a Social Geographer. My research interests are towards understanding the socio-political process which produces different geographic spaces in the contemporary world. The areas which fascinate me are diverse socio-political issues where geography or spatial theories have certain place. Currently I am focusing on critical geography and urban issues as my research areas are- global city, urban gentrification, neoliberal urbanism and critical spatial theories. My teaching interests are Urban Geography, Social & Welfare Geography and Geographical Thoughts.
- B.A. Geography, North Bengal University (2007)
- M.A. Geography, Jawaharlal Nehru University (2009)
- M.Phil Geography, Jawaharlal Nehru University (2011)
I am a graduate in Geography from Siliguri College, North Bengal University (2007). I joined Centre for the Study of Regional Development, Jawaharlal Nehru University for pursuing masters in Geography and did my specialization in Social Geography. I have cleared NET-JRF in Geography (UGC) and Earth Sciences (CSIR) in 2009 and joined M.Phil at the same institute. Before joining Presidency University I was selected for the post of Assistant Professor at Department of Geography, Mizoram Central University and University of Gour Banga. Currently I am an Assistant Professor in Presidency University since January, 2014.
Research / Administrative Experience+
My M.Phil research work was on “Interstate and Social Inequalities of Child Undernutrition in India”. The study was based on the analysis of NFHS-1,2 & 3 dataset.
My ongoing doctoral research work is on Gentrification of Urban Space.
Besides my current research also focuses on neoliberal urbanism, spaces of exclusion in Indian cities.
Teaching / Other Experience+
I am in teaching since 2012 (Previously in University of Gour Banga). The courses which I tought at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels are Philosophy of Geography, Settlement Geography, Social Geography, Political Geography, Urban Geography, Contemporary Social Issues and Gegraphy of Social Well-Being (PG special paper).
Other Academic Experience:
1. Convener for the Academic talk at the Department of Geography, UGB.
2. Jt. Convener for the National Seminar at the Department of Geography, UGB on ‘River, Flood and Natural Resource Management”
3. Member of the PG core committee, UGB.
Post Graduate Supervision+
- Dean of Students Corner
- Career Counselling
- International Students
- PhD Students
- Grievance Redressal Cell
- Internal Committee for the Students with Disabilities
- Equal Opportunity Cell
- Internal Complaints Committee (ICC)
- Gender Sensitization and Prevention of Sexual Harassment Cell(GSPSHC)