Applications are invited for the post of Dean of Students at Presidency University,Kolkata
Advertisement No: PU_RECR_AP_09-15
Presidency University invites online applications for the posts of Dean of Students
[ Last date of submission 01/03/2016 ]
Essential Qualifications for All Posts
Proficiency, Spoken & Written in the medium ( English ) of instruction in this University
1. Dean of Students (One Post)
Scale of Pay
Pay Band: Rs 37,400 - 67,000/- with a Grade Pay Rs. 10,000/-
- Uniformly good academic record with a Master’s Degree with minimum 55% marks or its equivalent grade in the point scale wherever a grading system is followed.
- At least 15 years experience as Sr. Lecturer/Reader/Assistant Professor in the AGP of Rs. 7000/- and above or with 8 year’s of service in the AGP of Rs. 8000/- and above including as Associate Professor along with experience in educational administration in Academic Institutions like University, or in an institute of higher learning of which 5(five) years must be in a University or in an Institute of Post Graduate Study.
Comparable experience in research establishments and other institutions of higher learning.
15(Fifteen) years administrative experience, of which 8 years shall be as Deputy Registrar or equivalent post.
- Age not less than 40 years. Relaxable in case of exceptionally qualified candidate.
- Expertise in Behavioural Science will get preference.
· Appointments will be made on probation for one year which may be waived or extended in exceptional cases and will be guided by the rules as framed and / or amended from time to time. During or at the end of the period of probation, the services of the concerned officer may be terminated with one month notice or with one month's salary in lieu thereof, without assigning any reasons thereof. On satisfactory completion of the probationary period the concerned incumbent will be considered for confirmation of service. Stipulation in respect of Experience and Age may be relaxed by the authority in case of exceptionally brilliant candidates on recommendation of relevant selection committee. The selection of Officer need not necessarily be confined only to those who formally apply.
- Presidency University reserves the right not to fill up the vacancy if circumstances so warrant.
The selection of advertised post need not necessarily be confined only to those who formally apply.
- Essential qualifications prescribed are the minimum and mere possession of them will not entitle applicants to be called in for interview. If the number of applications received in response to this advertisement is large and it is not convenient for the University to interview all the applicants, the number of candidates for interview may be restricted to a reasonable limit on the basis of qualifications, experience and other credentials
· Candidates already in employment must apply through proper channel and “No Objection Certificate” must be produced in order to appear before Standing Committee.
- Photocopies of all testimonials & certificates must be submitted at the time of interview (If called) .
- The originals will be required for necessary verification.
- Incomplete applications will be rejected.
- Dean of Students Corner
- Career Counselling
- International Students
- PhD Students
- Student Grievance Redressal Committee (SGRC)
- Internal Committee for Persons with Disabilities
- Equal Opportunity Cell
- Internal Complaints Committee (ICC)
- Gender Sensitization and Prevention of Sexual Harassment Cell(GSPSHC)