With its glorious heritage and long history as a Department of the erstwhile Presidency College, the Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry started functioning as a vibrant department of Presidency University from 2011. The highlights of the major activities of the department for the year 2012 are:
- Three Professors (Dr. Gandhi K. Kar, Dr. Bijan Das and Dr. Dipak K. Mandal) and two Assistant Professors (Dr. P. Sasikumar and Dr. Dibyendu Senapati) joined the department.
- Dr. Gandhi Kumar Kar, Professor of Chemistry took over charge, as the Head of the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, with effect from 28th September, 2012.
- Dr. Sanjib Ghosh joined as Emeritus Scientist, CSIR (Govt. of India) on 2nd January, 2012.
- Dr. Sanjib Ghosh, Emeritus Scientist (CSIR) has been appointed as member of the State Council of Department of Science and Technology, Government of West Bengal.
- Dr. Sanjib Ghosh has been invited as Guest Professor for Integrated PhD programme at Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science, Kolkata 2012.
- The Department has been successfully maintaining its tradition and is moving forward as to the performance of the students at the undergraduate Level and Postgraduate level.
- Dean of Students Corner
- Career Counselling
- International Students
- PhD Students
- Grievance Redressal Cell
- Internal Committee for the Students with Disabilities
- Equal Opportunity Cell
- Internal Complaints Committee (ICC)
- Gender Sensitization and Prevention of Sexual Harassment Cell(GSPSHC)