IMPLEMENTATION OF ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE SYLLABUS IN UG SEMESTER
As per the UGC norms Environmental Science is considered as a compulsory course to be taught at the Under Graduate level in all the Indian Universities . To comply with this, it has been decided to introduce the course at UG Semester 2, 4 and 6 (Arts and Science stream) of all the Departments of this University for the current batches of students (Sem-2, 4 & 6).Following decisions have been taken regarding the implementation of the course .
1. The study material for the EVS which was prepared by the UGC will be uploaded in the University website .
2. The concerned students will download the study material and go through it or can read online .
3. If they need assistance regarding clarification of any matter in this material , they are advised to contact any of the following faculty members within the stipulated time mentioned.
a) Dr Puja Roy ( DBS ) - Tuesday 2-5 pm
b) Dr Supriyo Das ( Geology ) - Wednesday 3-5 pm
c) Dr Suranjana Banerjee ( Geography ) – Friday 1-4 pm
d) Dr Dhruba Prasad Chatterjee ( Chemistry ) - Thursday 3-5 pm
e) Dr Souvik Mondal ( Sociology ) - Wednesday 3-5 pm
4. At the end of the Semester, the concerned students have to appear for a test of 50 marks to be conducted by the respective Departments.
5. It has been further resolved to arrange for some invited lectures by some noted environmentalists to enrich the students .Recommended Reading EVS SYLLABUS
- Dean of Students Corner
- Career Counselling
- International Students
- PhD Students
- Student Grievance Redressal Committee (SGRC)
- Internal Committee for Persons with Disabilities
- Equal Opportunity Cell
- Internal Complaints Committee (ICC)
- Gender Sensitization and Prevention of Sexual Harassment Cell(GSPSHC)