Value Added Courses
Title: Basics of Literary and Cultural Theory (BLCT)
Advertisement Date: 31/07/2023
Course type: Certificate course
Commencement Date and Time: 1 st September, 2023. 5.30 – 7.30 pm
(Date and Time may be subjected to change)
Duration: 4 months
Course Fees: 7200/-
Mode of Course: Blended
Eligibility: Pursuing Graduation
Course coordinator: Dr. Mousumi Mandal (firstname.lastname@example.org
- The major thrust in most literature and cultural studies departments across the globe in the past few decades has been literary and cultural theories. Humanities departments across disciplines have expected their students to be conversant with the latest trends in theoretical thinking. The inter-disciplinary thrust of the course will not only train students to think across disciplinary spaces, but also to develop thought processes that are inclusive, assimilationist, and heterogeneous. The course will also teach nuanced thinking, explore newer representational spaces, and encourage students to think across cultural and social paradigms. It will equip them for higher studies and research in the humanities. The course will also train students to handle human resources in an industry/corporate setting by providing them with templates to think about representations of caste, class, race, gender, religion etcetera.
- Why Theory?
- Thinking Around Gender
- The Self and the Other: Psychoanalysis and the Humanities
- The Subaltern and Their Representation:
- Beyond the Human: Posthuman Thought and Literary Studies
- How to Read the Popular: Comics, Sci-fi, Graphic Novels
- Workshop-based classes on the six components of the syllabus
Invited Recourse persons:
EMINENT PROFESSIONALS FROM RELEVANT FIELDS WILL TAKE THE CLASSES
Kindly fill the form with correct information within 28-07-2023 to 25-08-2023 midnight, IST.
(E.g. time span for applying for the course; say 27th June, 2023 to 16th July, 2023).
Once the form is submitted you will not be able to make any further change.
The selection is done on first come first serve basis, availability of resources and submission of valid
Selected participants will be informed about the payment method subsequently via respective email id along
with their Application Number. On successful submission of Course fees, participants will be notified about
their Enrollment Number and commencement details of the course.
Your fees will not be refunded once enrolled.
Your classes will be held in Blended mode.
The application link is below:
Dr. Mousumi Mandal
- Dean of Students Corner
- Career Counselling
- International Students
- PhD Students
- Student Grievance Redressal Committee (SGRC)
- Internal Committee for Persons with Disabilities
- Equal Opportunity Cell
- Internal Complaints Committee (ICC)
- Gender Sensitization and Prevention of Sexual Harassment Cell(GSPSHC)