WALK-IN-INTERVIEW dated 12/12/2019
Applications are invited for the post of one Project Assistant for the ongoing SERB, DST, India (SRG) funded project entitled, “Functional characterization of novel secreted effectors in Magnaporthe oryzae” (Ref. SRG/2019/001681, November 13, 2019) under the supervision of Dr. Nazmiara Sabnam, Department of Life Sciences, School of Biotechnology, Presidency University, Kolkata.
DATE OF INTERVIEW: 03.01.2020
VENUE : Tower 1, School of Biotechnology, Presidency University, Canal Bank Road, DG Block (Newtown), Action Area 1D, Newtown, Kolkata-700156, West Bengal, India. (Landmark: Opposite Delhi Public School main gate, Newtown)
NAME OF THE POST: Project Assistant
NUMBER OF POST: 1
SALARY: Rs. 20,000 per month Consolidated
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATION: Master’s degree in Biotechnology/Microbiology/Molecular Biology/ Plant Pathology/Biochemistry/Botany/Life Sciences or an allied area with at least 60% marks from any recognized university.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATION: Applicants having a valid rank in CSIR/UGC NET JRF/LS Examination and/or at least 1 year research experience in the related fields will be given preference.
AGE LIMIT: Not more than 28 years as on the date of interview. Relaxation as per GOI norms.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are advised to send in their curriculum vitae giving full particulars of Educational Qualifications along with attested copies of the mark sheets and certificates, Experience, Research Interests etc. to Dr. Nazmiara Sabnam, Assistant Professor, Department of Life Sciences, School of Biotechnology, Presidency University, Canal Bank Road, DG Block (Newtown), Action Area 1D, Newtown, Kolkata-700156 (Phone No. 9477358761) either by post or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org within 2nd January, 2020 for review purpose.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1. Interview registration will begin at 10:00 am and will close at 1:00 pm on 03-01-20 . Candidates reaching after the specified time may not ordinarily be entertained.
2. Candidates should bring their CV, original mark sheets, certificates, along with one set attested photocopies of all the certificates, testimonials, research/training experience certificates if any, NOC from the current employer, and one latest passport size photograph at the time of interview.
3. The above position is purely contractual and coterminous with the project. Selected candidates will not be entitled to claim for regular appointments/absorption in this institute.
4. Appointment will be for one year and further extension will be granted based on the research progress and accomplishments subjected to annual review (Project Duration: 2 years).
5. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
6. The PI’s decision will be final and binding in all aspects regarding the selection to the post.
7. Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidature.
Dr. Nazmiara Sabnam
- Dean of Students Corner
- International Students
- PhD Students
- Grievance Redressal Cell
- Internal Committee for the Students with Disabilities
- Equal Opportunity Cell
- Internal Complaints Committee (ICC)
- Gender Sensitization and Prevention of Sexual Harassment Cell(GSPSHC)