Notice Inviting Tender No.-PU/DCR/2016-17/01/R
Tender for Creation of Online Digital Archive of Documents relating to Hindoo College, Presidency College and Presidency University
Presidency University, Kolkata invites the sealed quotations from reputable agencies/vendors who are experienced in digitization of old, rare, deteriorating and fragile books and metadata creation as per the modified Dublin Core metadata format as specified by National Digital Library (NDL) of India coordinated by IIT Kharagpur. Such works will be undertaken for digital conversion and restoration of its rare, old, deteriorating and fragile books and documents of about 43, 000 pages and to put them in appropriate digital storage media and uploading in Digital Library Software like Dspace along with the metadata of the corresponding document for archiving and uninterrupted retrieval. The digital imaging, making the digital image of printed documents full text searchable and metadata creation as per specified format for the documents should be performed simultaneously.
1. The Bid Document for the above mentioned job containing all necessary details of terms and reference and other specifications may be downloaded online.
2. Only those agencies who have experience of executing successfully one single order worth Rs.50 lakhs in digitisation may submit their bids addressed to the Registrar, Presidency University , Kolkata-700 073 with Rs.10,000 (Rupees ten thousand only) as interest free Earnest Money Deposit to be deposited as bank draft / pay order in favour of the Presidency University , Kolkata-700 073 and all credentials regarding performance during the last five years so as to reach the Office of the Finance Officer, Presidency University latest by 12 Hrs. on 16/08/2016 at Presidency University, 86/1 College Street, Kolkata-7000073.
3. The Technical Bids shall be opened at 2.30 P.M. on 16/08/2016 at the office of the Finance Officer, Presidency University, Kolkata. The date of opening of the financial bids of the technically successful bidders will be intimated in due course of time.
4. The University retains the right to reject any or all bids at any stage and the decision in this regard shall be final.
5. Any bid received after the submission deadline prescribed by the University shall be rejected.
6. The bidder must have annual minimum average turnover of at least Rs.1 crore for digitization/scanning services in each year during last three financial years. The firm must be a profit making company.
7. The agency / vendor must possess a number of high quality book scanners. The agency should provide details of scanners and its numbers it possesses.
8. The University may ask to produce original documents for verification as and when required.
9. The rate should be valid up to 31st December 2016.