Advertisement for the position of one Junior Research Fellow (JRF) under SERB-DST funded Core Research Grant (CRG) Project at Department of Geography, Presidency University, Kolkata Date:09/06/2022
Applications are invited from motivated and eligible Indian citizens for a position of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) in a SERB-DST, Govt. of India sponsored CRG project titled Riparian Health Assessment and Floodplain Fragmentation in the Rarh Region of Eastern India: Gauging the impact of mineral/sand mining and land use changes on the stream corridor quality and ecogeomorphology for prioritizing river restoration reaches
Tenure: The position is likely to be available for three years/termination of the project, whichever is earlier. Appointment will be subjected to annual review for further extension that will be granted based on the research progress and accomplishments. The post is purely temporary and subject to availability of annual fund.
Fellowship (as governed by SERB DST norms):
Rs 31,000 per month + 27% HRA = Rs. 39,370 per month (1st & 2nd year).
Rs 35,000 per month + 27% HRA = Rs. 44,450 per month (3rd year).
Enrolling for Ph.D.: The selected candidate may be allowed to enroll for Ph.D. as per Presidency University rules.
Interested candidates should email their complete application to the PI, Dr. Priyank Pravin Patel, (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject line “Application for JRF (SERB) Position” latest by 20th June, 2022. Please email only one pdf file with the following documents merged together - a cover letter, CV, self-attested copies of mark sheets/grade cards and certificates from the secondary level onwards, first page of publications and seminar presentation certificates (if any), a government issued photo identity proof as well as two recommendation letters.
Essential Qualifications: First class M.A./M.Sc. degree or equivalent in Geography/Geology/Remote Sensing/ Geoinformatics from a recognized university and must have qualified UGC/CSIR-NET (JRF or LS)/GATE.
· Experience in conducting river/floodplain surveys with echo-sounder, current meter, Total Station/DGPS.
· Adept at sediment and water sampling, grain-size analysis and water quality assessment.
· Skilled in GIS/RS software based analysis and statistical computations.
Date, Time and Venue of Interview: Tuesday, 28th June, 2022 at 10:00 am at Department of Geography, Presidency University, 86/1 College Street, Kolkata 700073, West Bengal. The interview will be conducted in in-person mode.
1. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
2. Candidates meeting only the minimum eligibility criteria may not necessarily be called for the interview. Short-listing criteria may be higher than the minimum eligibility. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview and shall be notified via email by 23rd June, 2022.
3. CV, with self-attested copies of all certificates/ documents/ testimonials, shall be submitted during the interview and all the certificates/documents in original are to be presented in front of the Selection Committee for verification.
4. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
5. All the terms & conditions for this recruitment will be as per the guidelines of SERB, Govt. of India and Presidency University Kolkata. The above position is purely contractual and is for the duration of the project only. Selected candidates will not be entitled to claim any regular appointments/absorption in this institute.
6. Decision of the Selection Committee is final.
7. Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidature.
For further details please contact the PI via email (email@example.com).
- Dean of Students Corner
- Career Counselling
- International Students
- PhD Students
- Grievance Redressal Cell
- Internal Committee for the Students with Disabilities
- Equal Opportunity Cell
- Internal Complaints Committee (ICC)
- Gender Sensitization and Prevention of Sexual Harassment Cell(GSPSHC)