Advertisement Inviting Applications for position of Research Assistants and Field Investigators in ICSSR funded Research Project at the Department of Economics Date: 12/10/2023
Applications are invited for the following positions in the ICSSR funded Research Project entitled “Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi: An evaluation of rural households in Assam, Bihar, Jharkhand & West Bengal” under Prof. Mousumi Dutta, Department of Economics, Presidency University, College Street campus, Kolkata.
Posts and duration:
 Research Associate: one, for 2 months
 Field Investigator: eight for 60 days
Salary:As per ICSSR guidelines.
Research Associate: Rs. 40,000 per month
Field Investigator: Rs. 1,000 per day
Actual expenses incurred during the field survey will be paid on submission of supporting documents.
Selected candidates will have to undergo a 3-day Training workshop, including 2-day pilot survey. Travel expenses for the 2-day pilot surveys across four states (Assam, Bihar, Jharkhand & West Bengal) along with the daily allowance for the 3 days of training will be paid on basis of submission of bills.
a) Post graduate in any social science discipline with minimum 55% marks (suitable relaxation for SC/ST/OBC/PH candidates)
b) NET/SLET/M.Phil/Ph.D (for Research Associate only)
c) At least two-year experience in data collection, entry or analysis
Application Process: Interested candidates should email their updated CV with contact details, educational qualification and research experience to email@example.com by 11.59 PM on 20.10.2023.
Date, time and mode of interview:Will be intimated by email
Terms and conditions:
1. All the terms and conditions for this recruitment will be as per the guidelines for the ICSSR and Presidency University Kolkata.
2. The above position is purely contractual and is for the duration mentioned only. Selected candidates will not be entitled to claim any regular appointments/absorption in this institute.
3. However, depending upon requirement tenure may be extended up to a maximum period of 3 months
4. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
5. Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidature.
- Dean of Students Corner
- Career Counselling
- International Students
- PhD Students
- Student Grievance Redressal Committee (SGRC)
- Internal Committee for Persons with Disabilities
- Equal Opportunity Cell
- Internal Complaints Committee (ICC)
- Gender Sensitization and Prevention of Sexual Harassment Cell(GSPSHC)