Advertisement Inviting Applications for Position of JRF in DST-SERB Funded Research Project at the Department Of Life Sciences Date: 30/06/2023
Applications are invited for the position of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) in DST-SERB funded research project entitled “Investigating Role of Translationally Controlled Tumor Protein (TCTP) in Lymphoid Leukemogenesis and Reversion-Towards an alternative approach to the battle against Paediatric Leukaemia” at the laboratory of Dr. Sutapa Saha , Department of Life Sciences (Molecular Biology Section), Presidency University, Kolkata.
Application process: The candidate must email the following documents to email@example.com latest by 6 th July 2023-
i) Updated CV with e-mail ID (preferably gmail), mobile number, date of birth, and details of qualifications i.e. examination passed, year, division, percentage of marks from Secondary onwards, research experience, publications, and latest passport size photograph
ii) Scanned copies of B.Sc. & M.Sc. Mark sheets
iii) NET/GATE score cards or qualification certificates
Date and Venue of Interview: 10 th July 2023, 11:00 am, offline at the Department of Life Sciences, Zoology & Molecular Biology section, Baker Building, Presidency University, 86/1, College Street, Kolkata-700073. Exact time of interview will be communicated to candidates shortlisted from list of applicants, by 7 th July 2023.
i) M.Sc or equivalent in any discipline of Life Sciences (Biochemistry/ Biotechnology/Microbiology/Molecular Biology/Genetics/Botany/Zoology/Physiology etc.) with at least 60% marks or equivalent CGPA (6.0).
ii) Candidates who have qualified CSIR-UGC NET (including LS) would be highly preferred for the position
Desirable Skills/ Qualities:
i) Previous experience in mammalian cell/tissue culture.
ii) Previous experience in molecular biology/microscopy/recombinant DNA technology related tools and techniques
iii) Sound knowledge of MS Office and other basic computer operations.
iv) Competence in Scientific Communications
v) Commitment and Perseverance to excel in the field of research.
Duration of project: Two years or duration of the project (subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funds)
Amount of Fellowship:
Rs.31,000/- plus 24% HRA
Ph.D Enrollment: The selected candidate may be allowed to enrol for the Ph.D. program as per university rules and subject to satisfactory performance.
Terms and conditions:
1. All the terms & conditions for this recruitment will be as per the guidelines of the DST-SERB and Presidency University Kolkata.
2. The above position is purely contractual and is for the duration of the project only. Selected candidates will not be entitled to claim any regular appointments/absorption in this institute.
3. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
4. Candidates will not be entertained after said interview slot, except in case of any exigency the decision of the selection committee will be final and binding on the candidates.
5. Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidature.
For further details please contact:
Dr. Sutapa Saha (PI) email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Department of Life Sciences (Molecular Biology Section)
- Dean of Students Corner
- Career Counselling
- International Students
- PhD Students
- Student Grievance Redressal Committee (SGRC)
- Internal Committee for Persons with Disabilities
- Equal Opportunity Cell
- Internal Complaints Committee (ICC)
- Gender Sensitization and Prevention of Sexual Harassment Cell(GSPSHC)