Advertisement Inviting Applications for Position of Two project JRF in NCPOR Funded Research Project at the Department Of Life Sciences dated 10/02/2021
Applications are invited for the position of Two Junior Research Fellows (JRF) in NCPOR funded research project entitled “ Macrobenthic community structure and climate change mediated stresses on their physiological performances from the Indian sector of Southern Ocean during austral summer ” at the laboratory of Dr. Sumit Mandal, Department of Life Sciences, Presidency University, Kolkata.
Application process: The candidate must send their updated CV along with cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org by 22nd February 2021.
Date and Venue of Interview : 25th February 2021, in online platform (Zoom/Google meet). Exact time and link will be communicated to shortlisted candidates, by 24th February 2021.
Duration: Appointment will be till end of the project (i.e 04.07.2022) depending upon annual review of the progress report, availability of fund from the funding agency and further extension may be granted depending upon approval of funding agency.
Salary: Rs.18660 per month consolidated
Essential qualification: First class M.Sc. Degree or equivalent in Zoology/Marine Sciences/Marine Biology/Molecular Biology/Biotechnology from recognized university.
Desirable qualification: Applicants having a valid rank in CSIR/UGCNET JRF/LS Examination and/or at least 1 year research experience in Marine Biology/Taxonomy/Molecular Taxonomy related work will be given preference.
Job requirement: To participate extensively in cruises/ field work for biological sample collection and analysis, which is the first and foremost requirement of the project. The JRF will be responsible for the taxonomic identification of polar macrobenthic and meiobenthic species. Students desire to work on taxonomic work encourage to apply.
Terms and conditions:
1. All the terms & conditions for this recruitment will be as per the guidelines of the NCPOR and Presidency University, Kolkata.
2. The above position is purely contractual and is for the duration of the project only (depending on the fund availability from the funding agency). Selected candidates will not be entitled to claim any regular appointments/absorption in this institute.
3. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
4. Candidates will not be entertained after said online interview slot, except in case of any exigency the decision of the selection committee will be final and binding on the candidates.
5. Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidature.
For further details please contact:
Dr. Sumit Mandal (Principal Investigator)
Marine Ecology Laboratory
Department of Life Sciences
86/1, College Street
Lab website: https://sites.google.com/view/pumel/home
- Dean of Students Corner
- Career Counselling
- International Students
- PhD Students
- Grievance Redressal Cell
- Internal Committee for the Students with Disabilities
- Equal Opportunity Cell
- Internal Complaints Committee (ICC)
- Gender Sensitization and Prevention of Sexual Harassment Cell(GSPSHC)