Presidency University 86/1 College Street, Kolkata - 700073, India
Walk-in interview notification for Research Scholar Position at Presidency University, Kolkata
Applications are invited for the post of 'Research Assistant' in the WB-DBT funded research project entitled, ‘‘Evaluation of phytopathogens associated with some major aquatic weeds with emphasis on their toxin production".
- Minimum qualification : First class M.Sc. Degree or equivalent in any area of Biological Sciences/ Chemistry from recognized university.
- Desirable: Applicants having (i) a valid rank in CSIR/UGC NET JRF Examination similar fellowship; (ii) research experience in biochemical analysis of plant or microbial metabolites; (iii) desire and dedication to work hard for PhD.
- Job description: Research shall include about 30% field and 70% laboratory work on biochemical studies of fungal metabolites with an aim to develop a successful bioherbicide. The selected scholar should be comfortable with field studies under harsh weather.
- Project Duration: Appointment will be for 3 years or till end of the project, and subjected to annual review for further extension that will be granted based on the research progress and accomplishments.
- Fellowship : As per As per DBT, Govt. of West Bengal
- How to apply: Interested candidates may send their CV or relevant queries to Dr. Puja Ray, Assistant Professor, Department of Biological Sciences, Presidency University, Kolkata @ email: email@example.com
All interested candidates are requested to appear for an interview with the following in two sets:
- 1. an application stating your research/ career goals and your vision regarding your PhD.
- 2. a detailed CV
- 3. degree certificates (original and photocopy)
- 4. thesis/ project report and publications
- Date and time of Interview : 24th April 2015, 11.00 am. The candidates are requested to reach the venue by 10.30 am.
- Place of Interview : Department of Biological Sciences (Zoology Section, 3rd Floor, Bakers Building), Presidency University (Erstwhile Presidency College), 86/1, College Street, Kolkata-700073, India.
The outstation candidates may request a Skype interview in advance keeping in mind that incase of bad internet connectivity re-interview may not be possible.
(No TA will be paid for appearing in the interview)
- Dean of Students Corner
- Career Counselling
- International Students
- PhD Students
- Grievance Redressal Cell
- Internal Committee for the Students with Disabilities
- Equal Opportunity Cell
- Internal Complaints Committee (ICC)
- Gender Sensitization and Prevention of Sexual Harassment Cell(GSPSHC)
How to Find Us
86/1 College Street
Plot No. DG/02/02,
Premises No. 14-0358, Action Area-ID
(Near Biswa Bangla Convention Centre)
Contact details Presidency University Students Corner