Advertisement Inviting Applications for position of JRF in DST-SERB Funded Research Project at the Department of Life Sciences Date: 28/08/2023
Applications are invited for the position of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) in DST-SERB funded research project entitled “Biology of adult aortic valve calcification: A twisted battle between homodimer and heterodimer formation and their therapeutic implications” at the laboratory of Dr. Santanu Chakraborty, Department of Life Sciences, Presidency University, College street campus, Kolkata.
Application Process: The interested candidate must email the following documents (preferably in a single PDF file) to firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 2 nd September 2023.
a. Updated CV with contact details and percentage of marks from secondary onwards, research experience, publications and latest passport size photograph.
b. Scanned copies of B.Sc. and M.Sc. certificates.
c. UGC/CSIR NET score cards or qualification certificates.
Date of interview: September 04 (Monday), 2023
Place of interview: Conference Room, Department of Life Sciences (Baker Building), Presidency University, 86/1, College Street Campus, Kolkata-700073, India.
Time of interview: 12:00 Noon. The candidates are requested to reach the venue by 11:30 am.
Post: One Junior Research Fellow.
Duration:Appointment will be for 3 years or till end of the project, and subjected to annual review for further extension that will be granted based on the research progress and accomplishments.
Salary:As per DST, Govt. of India guidelines.
· Rs. 31,000 plus 24% HRA/month (1 st and 2 nd year as JRF)
· Rs. 35,000 plus 24% HRA/month (3 rd year as SRF)
Essential qualification: a) First class M.Sc . Degree in any area of Life Sciences from recognized university and b) a valid rank in UGC/CSIR NET JRF examination.
Desirable qualification: Applicants having at least 1-year research experience in mammalian cell/tissue culture, basic microscopy and molecular biology techniques.
Interested applicants should report 30 minutes before the schedule time of the interview & submit the following documents:
Two separate sets of:
1. Application in plain paper addressed to the undersigned
2. Two copies of updated CV along with attested copies of all relevant testimonials
The original certificates and mark sheets are to be presented before the Selection Committee on the day of the interview. Applicants arriving 30 minutes after the schedule time of interview shall not be called for the same.
Terms and conditions:
1. All the terms and conditions for this recruitment will be as per the guidelines for the DST-SERB and Presidency University Kolkata.
2. The above position is purely contractual and is for the duration of the project only. Selected candidates will not be entitled to claim any regular appointments/absorption in this institute.
3. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
4. Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidature.
For further details contact:
Dr. Santanu Chakraborty (Principal Investigator)
Heart Development & Disease Laboratory
Department of Life Sciences
86/1, College Street, Kolkata 700073
- Dean of Students Corner
- Career Counselling
- International Students
- PhD Students
- Student Grievance Redressal Committee (SGRC)
- Internal Committee for Persons with Disabilities
- Equal Opportunity Cell
- Internal Complaints Committee (ICC)
- Gender Sensitization and Prevention of Sexual Harassment Cell(GSPSHC)