Advertisement for the post of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) under SERB-funded Project Date: 24/08/2023
Applications are invited for the post of Junior Research Fellow (One) in a SERB-DST, Govt. of India sponsored CRG project titled “Functional inter-connection between WISH and cell-wall biosynthesis / remodelling pathway in rice blast fungus” at the laboratory of Dr. Nazmiara Sabnam (Co-PI), Assistant Professor, Department of Life Sciences, Presidency University, Kolkata.
Tenure:The project is tenable upto 24.01.2025 and the position is coterminous with the project (subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funds)
Emoluments:Rs.31,000/- p.m. (1 st Year & 2 nd Year) and 35,000/- p.m. (3 rd Year) plus 24% HRA
Essential Qualification: Masters degree in Plant Biotechnology/Botany/Plant Pathology/Biotechnology/Microbiology/Life Sciences with a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate from a recognized University and must have valid UGC/CSIR-NET (JRF/LS)
Desirable Qualification:Preference will be given to candidates having working experience relevant to the project. The student should have an experience in DNA and RNA isolation, protein expression and purification, PCR, cloning, Western blotting, handling microbial cultures, microscopy, and basic Bioinformatics. Sound knowledge of MS Office and other basic computer operations is highly desirable.
Age Limit:Not more than 28 Years. SC/ST/OBC/Women candidates will get age relaxation as per SERB, Govt. of India norms
Date, Time, and Venue of Interview: 14 th September 2023 at 11:00 am at the Department of Life Sciences, Presidency University, 86/1 College Street, Kolkata 700073, West Bengal.
Application process:Eligible and interested candidates should send their applications in the given format (along with scanned copies of educational certificates etc.) through e-mail to Dr. Nazmiara Sabnam (email@example.com) mentioning the subject as “Application for JRF under SERB (CRG)” on or before 13 th September 2023.
Note:The selected candidate may be allowed to enrol in the Ph.D. program as per university rules and subject to satisfactory performance.
Terms and conditions:
1. All the terms and conditions for this recruitment will be as per the guidelines of the DST-SERB and Presidency University Kolkata.
2.The above position is purely contractual and is for the duration of the project only. Selected candidates will not be entitled to claim any regular appointments/absorption in this institute.
3. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
4. Candidates meeting only the minimum eligibility criteria may not necessarily be called for the interview. Short-listing criteria may be higher than the minimum eligibility.
5.Only shortlisted candidates will be intimated via e-mail for interview. Candidates are advised to check their e-mail regularly.Incomplete application will not be accepted.
6. Original documents and self-attested copies of age proof/certificates/degrees/mark sheets and other testimonials must be presented at the time of interview.
7. Decision of the Selection Committee is final.
8. The selected candidate will have to join duty immediately upon receipt of the offer.
9. In case the performance is not satisfactory the appointment is liable to be terminated at any time without any notice.
10. Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidature.
Dr. Subhankar Roy-Barman (PI),Associate Professor, Department of Biotechnology
& Dr. Utpal Adhikari (Co-PI),Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry
National Institute of Technology Durgapur
Mahatma Gandhi Rd, A-zone
Durgapur-713209, West Bengal
Dr. Nazmiara Sabnam (Co-PI),Assistant Professor, Department of Life Sciences
86/1 College Street,
Kolkata-700073, West Bengal
- Dean of Students Corner
- Career Counselling
- International Students
- PhD Students
- Student Grievance Redressal Committee (SGRC)
- Internal Committee for Persons with Disabilities
- Equal Opportunity Cell
- Internal Complaints Committee (ICC)
- Gender Sensitization and Prevention of Sexual Harassment Cell(GSPSHC)