Walk-in Interview notification for JRF Position at the Department of Biological Sciences, Presidency University, Kolkata
Applications are invited for a JRF position in the research project (funded by DST under SERB- OYS Scheme) entitled, ‘Studies on enhancing biological control mechanism of aquatic weed, water hyacinth through integration of insects and fungal agents’.
Post : One Junior Research Fellow
Project Duration: Appointment will be for one year or till end of project and subjected to annual review for further extension that will be granted based on the research progress and accomplishments.
Fellowship: As per DST guidelines
Eligibility: First class M.Sc. Degree or equivalent in any branch of Biological Sciences/ Agricultural Entomology/ Plant Pathology/ Plant Biotechnology.
Desirable: Applicants having (i) a valid rank in CSIR/ UGC/ NET JRF Examination OR a valid DST- INSPIRE/ ICMR fellowship; (ii) Research experience in weed or insect pest management/ microbiology/ entomology/ Plant Biotechnology; (iii) Knowledge on computer programming and statistical software may be valuable.
Research shall include about 40% field and 60% laboratory studies with an aim to identify and develop a patentable mycoherbicide against aquatic weed, water hyacinth.
How to apply:
· Interested candidates may send their CV or relevant queries to Dr. Puja Ray, Assistant Professor, Department of Biological Sciences,
Presidency University, Kolkata @ email: firstname.lastname@example.org
All interested candidates are requested to appear for an interview with the following in two sets:
1. An application stating your research/ career goals and your vision regarding your PhD.
2. A detailed CV
3. Degree certificates (photocopy to be submitted. Originals to be brought for verification)
4. Publications (thesis/ project reports to be brought for verification)
- Date and time of Interview : 25th Nov 2015, 11.00 am. The candidates are requested to reach the venue by 10.30 am.
- Place of Interview : Department of Biological Sciences (Zoology Section, 3rd Floor, Bakers Building), Presidency University (Erstwhile Presidency College), 86/1, College Street, Kolkata-700073, India.
- Dean of Students Corner
- Career Counselling
- International Students
- PhD Students
- Grievance Redressal Cell
- Internal Committee for the Students with Disabilities
- Equal Opportunity Cell
- Internal Complaints Committee (ICC)
- Gender Sensitization and Prevention of Sexual Harassment Cell(GSPSHC)
How to Find Us
86/1 College Street
Plot No. DG/02/02,
Premises No. 14-0358, Action Area-ID
(Near Biswa Bangla Convention Centre)
Contact details Presidency University Students Corner