My area of interest includes Philosophy of Mind, Moral Philosophy, Applied Ethics, Philosophy of Language. My interest mainly lies in the relationship between Personal Identity and Moral Responsibility, as I want to bring out the link between Metaphysics and Ethics (Value Theory). One of the most important Philosopher in this area is Derek Parfit and I believe his standpoint present us with an interesting situation. I would like to critcally examine his theory again (I have done some in my Ph.D Thesis), but from a different perspective.
- BA Philosophy (Delhi University, 2002)
- MA Philosophy (Delhi University, 2004)
- M. Phil (Jawaharlal Nehru University, 2008)
Topic : - "The Problem of Personal Identity: Some Ontological and Ethical Issues"
- Ph.D (Jawaharlal Nehru University, 2013?)
Topic : - "Subjectivity and Moral Responsibility: Contemporary Debates on the Concept of Persons"
My doctoral work at JNU was on the relationship between Subjectivity and Moral Responsibility in shaping contemporary debates on Personal Identity. My first short-time teaching appointments were after I completed my Ph.D. - as guest-faculty in Janki Devi Memorial College (Delhi University), and as guest-faculty in Centre for Philosophy, School of Social Sciences (Jawaharlal Nehru University). I joined Lakshmibai College, Delhi University as Assistant Professor (Adhoc) for a year (August 2014-August 2015). I moved to Presidency University on 14th September 2015.
Research / Administrative Experience+
Teaching / Other Experience+
- I taught part of 'Personal Identity' paper to MA final year student in JNU, the Thinkers/Philosophers include - Sydney Sheomaker, Richard Swinburne, Bernard Williams and Derek Parfit.
- 'Ethics in Public Domain' to BA first years in DU
- 'Early Greek Philosophy' to BA first years in DU
- 'Later Greek Philosophy' to BA final years in DU
- 'Introduction to Logic' to BA first years in DU
- 'Practical Ethics' to BA second years in DU
- At Present, I am teaching Philosophy of Language to MA final year and Metaphysics and Epistemology to BA final year.
Post Graduate Supervision+
Life time member of Indian Philosophical Congress.
Member of Indian Association for the Study of Religion.
- Dean of Students Corner
- Career Counselling
- International Students
- PhD Students
- Grievance Redressal Cell
- Internal Committee for the Students with Disabilities
- Equal Opportunity Cell
- Internal Complaints Committee (ICC)
- Gender Sensitization and Prevention of Sexual Harassment Cell(GSPSHC)