Being a Chartered Accountant, my areas of interest are mainly Finance and Accounts. My industrial experience are basically in the arena of management of working capital, capital budget, taxation, project finance and so on. I have teaching experience at PG level in the subjects like Taxation, Derivatives and Risk Management, Financial Management, Management Accounting, etc. I have publications in a number of national and international journals, edited volumes. I have participated in a number of national / international seminars and conferences as the paper-presenter, key-note speaker and session-chair. My research papers are mainly on the Derivatives Segment of Indian Stock Market, IFRS and Indian Accounting Standards. .
B.Com. (Hons.) (C.U., 1983)
M.Com. (C.U., 1985), Gold Medalist
F.C.A. ( ICAI, 1988)
Ph.D. (B.U., 2011)
My doctoral work at the Burdwan University was on the Role of Stock Futures Trading in stabilising Price Volatility and Establishing Pricing Efficiency in the Underlying Spot Market in India. It was an empirical study with respect to National Stock Exchange in India.
Research / Administrative Experience+
Teaching / Other Experience+
I have a treaching experience of more than 10 yeras in various higher educational institutions like Calcutta University (as Lecturer in Commerece), Centre for Management Studies of JIS College of Engineering, Kalyani (as Professor of Finance) and Globsyn Business School, Kolkata (as Professor of Finance). Presently teaching as a guest faculty in MBA (Finance), Department of Commerce in Calcutta University.
I have industrial experience of more than 12 years in differenct corporate bodies like Nicco Corporation Ltd. (as DGM - Finance & Accounts), Hyderabad Industries Ltd. ( as AGM - F&A), Bengal Tools Ltd. (as GM - F&A).
I have University administrative experience also as Finance Officer in University of Kalyani.
Post Graduate Supervision+
Having experience as supervisor in more than 20 Project Works done by the MBA students in different manufacturing and financial service companies.
Life Member, Indian Accounting Association
Fellow, The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
Member of the Editorial Board of "Business Spectrum" - a e-Journal published by the Indian Accounting Association - Midnapore Branch.
Former Chief Editor of "Management Vista" - a Journal published by Centre for Management Studies, JIS College of Engineering
1. “The Present Panchayat Audit System in West Bengal : An Appraisal” published in Indian Journal of Accounting, Vol. XXIII, December 1992
2. “Accounting for Amalgamation : A review of Contemporary Approaches” published in Indian Journal of Accounting, Vol. XXVII, December 1996.
3. “Globalization of Higher Education in India in the wake of GATS : A Challenge to the Indian Universities” presented and published in the seminar volume of the International Seminar on “Higher Education Administration in Developing Countries” organized by the Calcutta University Officers’ Association in 4 – 6 February,2006.
4. “Effective Hedging Using Futures Contract: A Study with reference to Stock Market” published in Kindler, Vol. VII, No.I (Jan-June’07), a journal of Army Institute of Management, Kolkata.
5. “Biswa Shilpa Banijya: Biswa Ushnayan-er Patobhumikay” published in the edited volume (Bengali version) “Sabuj Prithivi ki Bipanna” by Deep Prakashan, Kolkata, in 2008.
6. “Securitization Movement in India: An Appraisal”, published in “Studies in Accounting, Finance and Management: Contemporary Issues” Edited Volume published by Netaji Subhas Open University, Calcutta in 2009.
7. “Sub prime Lending: USA Perspective” published in Indian Journal of Accounting , Vol.XL (1), December 2009.
8. “Commerce Education in the Changing Business Scenario in ndia: Challenges and Opportunities” Vidyasagar University Journal of Commerce, Volume 15 March 2010.
9. “Accounting for Financial Instruments: A Commentary on the Contemporary Principles, Standards and Related Issues” , published in “Studies in Accounting and Finance” an Edited Volume published by Dorling Kindersley (India) Pvt. Ltd., Licensee of Pearson Education, in 2011.
10. “Impact of Futures Trading on Pricing Efficiency of Indian Stock Market: A Study with Reference to NSE” – South Asian Journal of Commerce and Management, Vol.2, No.1, January-March 2011 (Jointly with Prof. Arup Chattopadhyay).
11. “Effectiveness of Stock Futures Trading in Curbing Volatility of the Underlying Spot Prices: Evidence from NSE, India” - Siddhant- A Journal of Decision Making, Vol. 11, No.1, January – March 2011 (Jointly with Prof. Arup Chattopadhyay).
12. “Semi-Strong Form of Pricing Efficiency of Indian Stock Market – An Empirical Test in the Context of Stock-Split Announcements” – Excel- International Journal of Multidisciplinary Management Studies, Volume 1, Issue – 3, November 2011.
13. “An Insight into Present Accounting Approaches for Trading in Carbon Credits” – JIS Management Vista, Volume V, No. 2, July – December 2011.
14. “Convergence of Indian Accounting Standards with IFRS: Problems and Prospects” – Saaransh, Vol.3, No.2, January 2012
15. “Expiration Day Effects of Stock Futures: Evidence from the National Stock Exchange” , published in “Post Reforms Indian Economy” – an Edited Volume published by Regal Publication, New Delhi, on behalf of Bengal Economic Association, 2013
- Dean of Students Corner
- Career Counselling
- International Students
- PhD Students
- Grievance Redressal Cell
- Internal Committee for the Students with Disabilities
- Equal Opportunity Cell
- Internal Complaints Committee (ICC)
- Gender Sensitization and Prevention of Sexual Harassment Cell(GSPSHC)