Presidency University invites online applications for the post of Assistant Controller of Examinations at Presidency University, Kolkata. Advertisement No: PU_RECR_AP_17-17
[ Last date of submission 16th November 2017 ]
1. Assistant Controller of Examinations (One Post)
Scale of Pay
Pay Band: Rs 15,600 – 39,100/- with a Grade Pay Rs. 6,000/-
· Uniformly good academic record with a Master’s Degree with minimum 55% marks or its equivalent grade in the point scale wherever a grading system is followed.
· At least 10 years’ experience in a Supervisory capacity in a University or a Research Institute or Institute of Higher Learning or a Government / Quasi Government organization.
· At least 5 (five) years’ administrative experience.
· Age not less than 30 years. Relaxable in the case of exceptionally qualified candidate.
· Proficiency, Spoken & Written in the medium (English) of instruction in this University
· A degree in Business Management or Law or Statistics or Planning.
· Appointments will be made on probation for one year which may be waived or extended in exceptional cases and will be guided by the rules as framed and / or amended from time to time. During or at the end of the period of probation, the services of the concerned officer may be terminated with one month notice or with one month's salary in lieu thereof for unsatisfactory performance. On satisfactory completion of the probationary period the concerned incumbent will be considered for confirmation of service. Stipulation in respect of Experience and Age may be relaxed by the authority in case of exceptionally brilliant candidates on recommendation of relevant standing committee. The selection of Officer need not necessarily be confined only to those who formally apply.
· Presidency University reserves the right not to fill up the vacancy if circumstances so warrant.
· The selection of advertised posts need not necessarily be confined only to those who formally apply.
· Essential qualifications prescribed are the minimum and mere possession of them will not entitle applicants to be called in for interview. If the number of applications received in response to this advertisement is large and it is not convenient for the University to interview all the applicants, the number of candidates for interview may be restricted to a reasonable limit on the basis of qualifications, experience and other credentials or by any other suitable method.
- Candidates already in employment must apply through proper channel and “No Objection Certificate” must be produced in order to appear before Standing Committee.
· Photocopies of all testimonials & certificates must be submitted at the time of interview (If called) .
· The originals will be required for necessary verification.
· Incomplete applications will be rejected.
· OBC-A, OBC-B, SC, ST certificate, (as the case may be, if applicable) issued by the competent authority of Govt. of West Bengal only, will be considered.
- Dean of Students Corner
- Career Counselling
- International Students
- PhD Students
- Grievance Redressal Cell
- Internal Committee for the Students with Disabilities
- Equal Opportunity Cell
- Internal Complaints Committee (ICC)
- Gender Sensitization and Prevention of Sexual Harassment Cell(GSPSHC)