Value Added Courses
Title: Statistical Programming for Biologists (SPB)
Advertisement Date: 02/08/2023
Course type: Value Added Course (Certificate)
Commencement Date and Time: September 7, 2023
Duration: 30 hours
Course Fees: Rs. 5100 (including GST)
Mode of Course: Online
Eligibility: Graduate/Post-graduate in any branch of life sciences or allied subjects
Course Coordinator: Name: Dr. Utpal Bakshi Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
In data science and specifically for biological ‘big data’, the statistical computing language ‘R’ is one of the most widely-used and powerful programming languages for machine learning, visualizations, and data analyses. The main goal of this course is to introduce 'R' to biologists using relevant examples of biological sciences. By the end of the course, students should be familiar with the basics of the ‘R’ and ‘R Studio’ environments, learning about the rules of the language and how ‘R’ works with different data types and structures. Moreover, students should have a basic understanding of applications of ‘R’ programming in various descriptive statistical methods, and how to analyze and visualize real-world biological data from published literature.
· Introduction to statistical data analysis in biology
· Write and execute ‘R’ code and know where to look for help with ‘R’ code
· Basic data manipulation such as reading and writing data to and from a file, data formatting from tables, creating ‘R’ data-frames and matrices for downstream processing
· Create publication-quality graphics using ‘R’
· Perform basic descriptive statistical analysis using ‘R’ code and plot analysis results
Invited Recourse persons:
EMINENT PROFESSIONALS FROM RELEVANT FIELDS WILL TAKE THE CLASSES
· Kindly fill the form with the correct information by 28-08-2023 at midnight, IST.
· Once the form is submitted you are not subjected to any further change.
· The selection is done on a first come and first serve basis, availability of resources, and submission of valid applications.
· Selected participants will subsequently be informed about the payment method via their respective email id along with their Application Number. On successful submission of Course fees, participants will be notified about their Enrolment Number and commencement details of the course.
- Your fees will not be refunded once enrolled.
The application link is below:
Dr. Utpal Bakshi
- Dean of Students Corner
- Career Counselling
- International Students
- PhD Students
- Student Grievance Redressal Committee (SGRC)
- Internal Committee for Persons with Disabilities
- Equal Opportunity Cell
- Internal Complaints Committee (ICC)
- Gender Sensitization and Prevention of Sexual Harassment Cell(GSPSHC)