Summer Undergraduate Research Program (SURP), 2022
The ‘Institute of Health Sciences’ (IHS) at the Rajarhat Campus of Presidency University, aims to provide research-centric education and skill enhancement training in sophisticated technologies by enabling the trainees to work in laboratory environment in various disciplines of health sciences.
Institute website: https://www.presiuniv.ac.in/web/ihs.php
Aligning with the aim, IHS invites application from motivated undergraduates for research and hands-on training opportunities for 8 weeks during June and July, 2022.
Highlights of the training program:
· Students pursuing an undergraduate degree (B.Sc./BS/B.Tech.) with major in Life sciences or allied subjects and completed at least second semester of a 3-year/4-year course in any accredited university/institution of India may apply.
Each student will be associated with one of the research groups of IHS
· Students will be trained in various routine and some lab-specific assays, will study and present scientific literatures, will perform experiments and analyze data, and will prepare a final report
· Additionally, everyone has to attend a mandatory course in ‘Bioethics and Biosafety’
· Research areas: Host microbe interaction, RNA biology, Tumour virology, Neurobiology, Cell and molecular biology, Cancer biology, Plant biotechnology, Immunobiology. Please check the research interests of individual PIs:
· A certificate will be provided upon completion of the training program
· Eligible candidates need to send a recent CV with academic credentials, a Statement of Purpose (SOP) of maximum 300 words, and one reference letter to the mentioned e-mail. The applicant also needs to mention three preferred PIs from the 13 PIs of IHS
· Selection of the students will be made based on the abovementioned parameters, and the selected students will be intimated. There will be no separate test/interview.
· The number of vacancies for 2022: 14
· Once selected, each applicant must pay Rs. 6000 for the whole duration of the program using the University payment portal.
· There will be no TA/DA/ other allowances or hostel accommodation for this tenure
· At the time of joining, the students need to submit a no-objection letter from their respective Head of the Department
For application or any further query of this course, please email: email@example.com
Duration of the program: Tentatively from 1st June, 2022 to 30 th July, 2022
Start date of Application: 14th March, 2022
Last date of Application: 9th April, 2022
Intimation of short-listed candidates: 25th April, 2022
Payment of fees: 1st week of May, 2022
- Dean of Students Corner
- Career Counselling
- International Students
- PhD Students
- Grievance Redressal Cell
- Internal Committee for the Students with Disabilities
- Equal Opportunity Cell
- Internal Complaints Committee (ICC)
- Gender Sensitization and Prevention of Sexual Harassment Cell(GSPSHC)