Value Added Courses
Title: Managing Investment and Risk in Financial Market (MIRFM)
Advertisement Date: 27/07/2023
Course type: Value Added Certificate Course
Commencement Date and Time: from 2 nd September 2023 (over weekend)
Duration: 30 Hours
Course Fees: Rs. 5700/- (including GST)
Mode of Course: Online
Eligibility: Undergraduate and postgraduate students, researchers and people from industry interested in learning techniques of investment and risk management in financial market may apply. Participants should have elementary idea about the functioning of financial market, knowledge in basic theories of statistics and knowledge in computer operation
Course Coordinator: Name: GAGARI CHAKRABARTI Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
The global financial market is continuously expanding in terms of size, variety and complexity. Historically, waves of crises have hit the financial sector. The resulting losses and the depletion of real wealth have raised the necessity for efficient management of investment in such ever-expanding and intrinsically volatile market. Understanding the nature and dynamics of risks and the ways to hedge against it thus seems crucial. This course introduces its participants, in a lucid yet comprehensive and practicable way, to the complex mechanism of managing investment and risk. The course would help its takers to comprehend the theories relevant to the issues and to recognise the nature of challenges one would face in managing financial investment and risk in real world. The discussions on theories would be supplemented by practical applications using programmes like Excel or Eviews. The participants thus would learn to use different tools and techniques to solve problems using cross-section and time series data.
Module 1 - Strategies of Decision Making
Module 2 - Evaluating Performance of Stocks, Measuring risk and volatility
Module 3 - Portfolio Construction and performance evaluation
Module 4 - Value-at-risk, Credit Risk
Invited Recourse persons:
EMINENT PROFESSIONALS FROM RELEVANT FIELDS WILL TAKE FEW CLASSES
- Kindly fill the form with the correct information by 20.08.2023 midnight, IST.
- Once the form is submitted you are not subjected to any further change.
· The selection is done on a first come and first serve basis, availability of resources, and submission of valid applications.
· Selected participants will subsequently be informed about the payment method via their respective email id along with their Application Number. On successful submission of Course fees, participants will be notified about their Enrolment Number and commencement details of the course.
Your fees will not be refunded once enrolled
The application link is below:
Prof. GAGARI CHAKRABARTI
- Dean of Students Corner
- Career Counselling
- International Students
- PhD Students
- Student Grievance Redressal Committee (SGRC)
- Internal Committee for Persons with Disabilities
- Equal Opportunity Cell
- Internal Complaints Committee (ICC)
- Gender Sensitization and Prevention of Sexual Harassment Cell(GSPSHC)