Certificate course on ‘Molecular Diagnostics’ Date: 03/05/2023
The participants will get trained on Basic ideas of Molecular Diagnostics, DNA and RNA, PCR, Spectrophotometry, End-point and Quantitative RT-PCR, Bioethics and Biosafety.
Selected candidates will participate in hands on training on ‘essential lab techniques and lab safety measures’, ‘isolation and quantitation of nucleic acids’, ‘end-point PCR’, ‘quantitative RT-PCR using SYBR and Taqman chemistry’, ‘application of RT-PCR in molecular diagnostics including COVID-19 detection’ and ‘data handling and ethical norms’.
After the completion of the program, participants will get a certificate from Presidency University.
Duration : 6 weeks, starting tentatively from 2nd week of July, 2023.
Eligibility : Students holding BSc/BTech/BPharm/MBBS/BDS/BHMS degree (or in their final year) in Life Science or any allied streams.
Fees : Rs. 12,000 only for hands-on training (No accommodation available).
Selection procedure : The eligible candidates will be shortlisted based on a Statement of Purpose (SoP; max 250 words) highlighting their career interest/future goals in the field of Molecular Diagnostics. The shortlisted candidates will be required to appear for an interview for the final selection.
How to apply : Applications should be sent only by email to Coordinator, Institute of Health Sciences, Presidency University (firstname.lastname@example.org) along with CV/Biodata and SoP, and with the name of the program mentioned in the subject line.
- Last date of application: 26th May 2023.
- The call for interview will be communicated in the 1st week of June, 2023.
- Date of interview: 2nd week of June, 2023. Results will be published in the same week.
- Program start date: 2nd week of July, 2023 (tentative).
- Dean of Students Corner
- Career Counselling
- International Students
- PhD Students
- Student Grievance Redressal Committee (SGRC)
- Internal Committee for Persons with Disabilities
- Equal Opportunity Cell
- Internal Complaints Committee (ICC)
- Gender Sensitization and Prevention of Sexual Harassment Cell(GSPSHC)