ADVERTISEMENT dated 07/08/2020
Applications are invited for the following research based positions in The International Growth Centre sponsored project “Herself and her children: How worse off are they? Impact of COVID-19 in Rural Bihar” (IND-20092):
1. Three Research Assistants (RA): To be appointed for 80 working days for the duration of project to undertake literature survey, undertaking quantitative and qualitative data analysis, and assist in project writing. Payment will be made @ ₤15 / working day for a maximum of 80 days to each staff. No Travel, boarding and subsistence expenses will be paid. Essential Qualification: Post Graduate in Economics/Social Sciences.
2. Four Field Investigators (FI): To be appointed for duration of project to undertake telephonic survey of respondents. Payment will be made @ ₤4 / questionnaire, with a maximum of 300 questionnaires. No Travel, boarding and subsistence expenses will be paid. Essential qualifications: (a) Graduate in Social Sciences, with at least 4 years’ experience in undertaking field surveys. (b) Candidates should be conversant in Hindi, as interviews will be undertaken in Hindi. Desirable qualifications: Experience in undertaking DLHS/NFHS surveys.
3. One Data Entry Operator (DEO): To be appointed for duration of project to design data entry package and enter data from telephonic survey. Payment will be made @ ₤1 / questionnaire, with a maximum of 1200 questionnaires. No Travel, boarding and subsistence expenses will be paid. Essential qualifications: (a) Graduate in Social Sciences, with at least 4 years’ experience in working in social science research studies. (b) Candidates should be conversant in designing CAPI-based data entry system, preferably in CS PRO.
1. Posts are temporary in nature and obligations of Presidency University will end with the termination of the contract period.
2. Payment will be made on a monthly basis based on work actually performed as certified by Principal Investigator.
3. Actual payment will be made in Indian Rupees at the exchange rate prevailing at time of receipt of funds from funding agency.
4. No Travel, boarding and subsistence expenses will be paid.
5. Work will be undertaken from home, and maintaining due precautions for safety of the concerned staff.
6. No TA/DA will be paid to candidates called for the interview.
Interested candidates are requested to apply by email to Prof. Zakir Husain (email@example.com) attaching their current CVs only within August 21, 2020 (5.00 PM). Shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview, which may be held over Google meet/skype. Selected candidates will have to submit copies of their Graduate/Post Graduate mark sheets.
Prof. Zakir Husain
Professor, Department of Economics
86/1 College Street, Kolkata 700073
- Dean of Students Corner
- Career Counselling
- International Students
- PhD Students
- Grievance Redressal Cell
- Internal Committee for the Students with Disabilities
- Equal Opportunity Cell
- Internal Complaints Committee (ICC)
- Gender Sensitization and Prevention of Sexual Harassment Cell(GSPSHC)