Nominations / Applications are invited for Distinguished Professorship
Advertisement No: RECR_DP /16-17
Nominations / Applications are invited for the following posts of Distinguished Professors in the Presidency University as per terms and conditions detailed below:
1. Acharya Jagadish Chandra Bose Distinguished University Professorship in the Natural Sciences
2. Swami Vivekananda Distinguished University Professorship in the Humanities (in the field of philosophy, broadly defined);
3. Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose Distinguished University Professorship in the Social Sciences (in the fields of Economics, History and/or Political Science)
4. Kazi Nazrul Islam Distinguished University Professorship in the field of Intercultural Dialogue and Peace Studies
[Last date of submission 3rd November 2016 ]
The above mentioned posts will carry a pay of Rs. 74,000/- (Fixed, without any Grade Pay) and other allowances as admissible from time to time.
The post will also carry special incentive in the form of Faculty Research Professional Development Fund @ Rs. 4 lakh per year and in case she/he is moving in from outside India, a one-time moving Expense of Rs 2 lakh will be allowed as per rules.
A Professor with at least 12 (twelve) years’ experience who has acquired national/international stature on the basis of her/his academic contribution to the philosophy of the subject shall be appointed to the position after a recommendation by a panel of Professors specially appointed to review her/his work and lifetime achievements.
Nomination / Application with full CV must be submitted either by post to the ‘Vice-Chancellor, Presidency University, 86/1 College Street, Kolkata – 700073, India’ or in person to the Office of the Vice-Chancellor on any working day between 11.00 a.m. and 4.00 p.m. not later than 3rd November 2016 .
The selection of advertised posts need not necessarily be confined only to those who formally apply.
Nomination / Application with full CV can also be mailed to email@example.com within due date.
- Dean of Students Corner
- Career Counselling
- International Students
- PhD Students
- Grievance Redressal Cell
- Internal Committee for the Students with Disabilities
- Equal Opportunity Cell
- Internal Complaints Committee (ICC)
- Gender Sensitization and Prevention of Sexual Harassment Cell(GSPSHC)