Presidency University is inviting applications for a Training Program on ‘Viral Detection & Molecular Diagnostics’
Major highlights of this training program:
- This program will be conducted at the Centre of Virology and Infectious Diseases (CoVID), School of Biotechnology (SBT). The SBT is equipped with state-of the art infrastructural facilities for teaching and laboratory training, at the Rajarhat campus.
- This course is aimed at providing ‘hands on training’ in relevant sophisticated technologies to a small group of motivated personnel to perform diverse diagnostic assays for viral diseases as per the national standards.
- The course will consist of structured program content with e-content.
- The course will consist of 11 weeks of training on (a) essential principles of detection and diagnostics; (b) using sophisticated instruments; (c) quality control of kits and assays for false positives and negatives.
- This training will enable the successful candidates to perform similar diagnostic assays at advanced pathology laboratories and medical institutions where the required machines are available. The technicians currently working at the pathology laboratories may join this program to upgrade their skills.
- Presidency University will provide a Certificate upon successful completion of the training program
The major topics of the training program:
- Detection of pathogens of viral and other infectious diseases
- Diagnostic analyses of nucleic acids (DNA and RNA) using Real-time PCR
- Immunodiagnostics such as ELISA, Flowcytometry, Microscopy
- Bioethics and Biosafety and handling of biomedical waste
- Handling of PPE (personal protective equipment)
- Analysis, documentation and storage of data
Eligibility criteria :
- Candidates who have passed B.Sc. (or appearing for final exams) with any life sciences-related subject as the major (or Honours), and minimum 50% in that major paper (or equivalent CGPA) can apply for this program online.
- Trainees must be equipped with computer and a suitable internet connectivity
Mode of recruitment :
Presidency University will conduct a suitable method for screening and shortlisting 10 candidates.
Course fee of Rs. 20000.00 only.
Last date of application : 11th July, 2020
Expected date of commencement of course is 20th July, 2020.
Contact email: email@example.com
- Dean of Students Corner
- Career Counselling
- International Students
- PhD Students
- Grievance Redressal Cell
- Internal Committee for the Students with Disabilities
- Equal Opportunity Cell
- Internal Complaints Committee (ICC)
- Gender Sensitization and Prevention of Sexual Harassment Cell(GSPSHC)