Assistant Professor and Head of the Department
In the field of research I like short stories, fictions (Kathasahitya) and narratives. I had completed my Ph.D. degree in the field of narrative on 14 August 2014. My research subject for Ph.D. is: ‘Gram Parikkramamulak Bangla Gadya Akhyane Banglar Samaj Nirikshan (Nirbachita Grantha Abalambane)’. Various criticisms and research works on short stories and fictions are also going on. Besides, I am engaged with the literature of Bangladesh, especially with short stories, fictions and narratives.
B.A. (Honours in Bengali): Rabindra Bharati University
M.A. (Bengali): Rabindra Bharati University
Ph. D: University of Calcutta
After completion of my Master Degree I have taught the UG and PG students in Sree Chaitanya College, Habra as a Full-time Contractual Lecturer from 07.01.2009 to 31.03.2010. Then I have joined Netaji Satabarshiki Mahavidyalaya, Ashoknagar as an Assistant Professor and worked from 01.04.2010 to 02.01.2013. Now I have been continuing my job at Presidency University as an Assistant Professor.
Research / Administrative Experience+
To choose the subject matter of my research I came across many ideas. But four-dimensional consciousness and Quantum Mechanics constantly rejects all our ideas. While the technology exceeds the frontier ever and ever to overcome the theory of electron and proton, why should we stick to the old and traditional fields? On the contrary, if the contemporary can be adjudged in the parlance of eternity, how would it be? If it is of the basic unit of society, the village life, then I thought it would be splendid!
Subject of my Ph.D. degree is: ‘Gram Parikkramamulak Bangla Gadya Akhyane Banglar Samaj Nirikshan (Nirbachita Grantha Abalambane)’. In this research work, special emphasis is given on the writings of Abdul Jabbar, Ansaruddin, Ashokkumar Kundu, Dinendrakumar Roy, Hasan Azizul Haque, Monajatuddin, Purnendu Patri, Raghab Bandopadhyay, Satyen Sen, Shantikumar Mitra, Subhas Mukhopadhyay, Sudhir Chakraborty, Tushar Kanjilal et al. The research is trying to find out various theories and information about social-atmosphere, and a brief and selected, lively and heart touching social panorama.
Still now no research has been made on the said topic, though each of the books on which the research is made, can be called a separate thesis. So, it is something new in choosing the subject of research. It is something like time-travel.
Teaching / Other Experience+
Generally, I like to teach Bengali short stories, fictions and narratives both of India and Bangladesh.
Post Graduate Supervision+
I am interested in supervising Postgraduate students in the field of Bengali short stories, fictions and narratives both of India and Bangladesh.
Two students have joined as Research Scholar for Ph.D. degree under my supervision in the Presidency University:
1) Swarup Halder: Working on novel.
2) Suman Samadder: Working on Satyajit Roy and his literature.
Lifetime Member: Bangiya-Sahitya-Parishad
* Nay Dashaker Kabita, First Edition-Sabujer Abhijan Patrika, April 2000 and First Abhijan Publishers Edition-January 2006
* Satabarshe Manto: Phire Dekha Phire Paoya, Sahitya Sangee, May 2013
Selected Essays, Articles and Writings:
* ‘Dibaratrir Kabya: Anubhutir Barnamala’, Ujjiban 4, 2008
* ‘Badal Sarkar: Natya-Bhabnar Nanamukh’, Review Preview, October 2008
* ‘Ekante Ekti Kabitar Nibirh Path’, Jagari, October-December, 2008
* ‘Ganachetanar Natun Barta: ‘Ghorhasaowar’’, Trisna, January, 2009
* ‘Ekti Galpa Niye’, Samay (Dhaka), March 2009
* ‘Abahamankal: Kaler Prabahamanata O Rajnaitik Bhabnar Bibartan’, Agrabeej (USA), June 2009
* ‘Chharhano Chhitano Bhabna: Antargata Sattar Akritrim Prakash’, Mahajan Sahityapatra, September 2009
* ‘1947: Dui Upanyase Manik-Bhabna’, Diba Ratrir Kabya, July-September and October-December 2009
* ‘Bhasha Nirmane Soharab Hossain Byatikramee: Bahumatrik Kolaje Tanr Bhabnara Mukta Bihanga’, Satyer Disharee, December 2009
* ‘Rabindra Upanyase Bandhuta’, Rabi Pradakshin, February 2011
* ‘Nastaneerh: Anubhutir Sukshma Satejata Beye...’, Anandadhwani (Khulna), April 2011
* ‘Ustad Mehera Khan: Ek Shilpeer Atmasankater Kahini’, Nirantar, July 2011
* ‘Kobi: Rarher Garbhe Ek Ananya Kolaj’, Pounahpunik, October 2011
* ‘Batasi: Desbhager Bhabnay Apratidwandi Atin’, Madhyabartee, March 2012
* ‘Bichittrita: Bismayer Aar Ek Nirman’, Review Preview, March 2012
* ‘Nastaneerh: Anubhuti Mekhe Eksha Jakhan’, Balmiki, September-October 2012
* ‘Sudhu Kabitar Janya Ei Janma’, Diba Ratrir Kabya, July-September and October-December 2013
* “Shesher Kabita’: Inga-Banga Samajer Nana Mukh’, Diyar Swatantra Path: Rabindranather Shesher Kabita, June 2014
* ‘Banglar Samaj Nirikshan: Prekshit Gram Parikkramamulak Bangla Godya Akhyan (Nirbachito)’, 106th Orientation Program Proceedings, UGC-Academic Staff College, University of Calcutta, August 2014
* ‘Chalchittrer Khuntinati: Nidarun Matir Kachakachi’, Dharabhasya, April 2015
- Dean of Students Corner
- Career Counselling
- International Students
- PhD Students
- Grievance Redressal Cell
- Internal Committee for the Students with Disabilities
- Equal Opportunity Cell
- Internal Complaints Committee (ICC)
- Gender Sensitization and Prevention of Sexual Harassment Cell(GSPSHC)